Thieves are more sophisticated than ever.
Are you doing all you can to keep them out?
The threats to your property are bigger than ever these days. Access control security systems can help.
While a few deadbolts, security cameras, and nighttime guards might have been enough to keep your complex, building, or home secure a couple of decades ago, today’s thieves and other bad actors are eager — and able — to exploit virtually any flaw in your security. If that happens, your safety, as well as the safety of your people and your business, could be in jeopardy.
The key to maintaining the safety and security of your property is maintaining complete control over who can — and can’t — access it.
Locks, cameras, and guards can help, but they’re only part of the solution. Locks can be picked, cameras can be smashed, and guards can be avoided — or worse.
You need more.
Whether you need to secure a sprawling office complex, small business, or your personal home, an access control security system can give you the peace of mind you need and deserve.
What is an access control security system?
In simplest terms, access security control systems help you control who has (or doesn’t have) access to your building or property.
Run by computer servers on site or in the cloud, these modern systems give administrators a quick and convenient way to manage access to countless types of properties and structures.
Authorized persons use keypads, access cards, ID badges, fingerprints, and/or smartphones to access various properties, buildings, or areas within them. Unauthorized persons are kept out.
Administrators can monitor and control all entry points from a central location inside the building, or from their laptop, phone, or other device — whether they’re inside the building or not.
Access security control systems provide other benefits, as well.
7 Benefits of an Access Control Security System
- In addition to granting, limiting, or revoking access, you can collect data on who enters and leaves, and when. This can prove especially useful in case of a break-in, theft, or accident. This greatly increases your chances of knowing who was present when an incident happened, regardless of whether your security cameras caught anything.
- Not only can access control systems help you identify thieves or vandals, they can help prevent such incidents. Employees and visitors will be less likely to steal or damage anything when they know you know where they are at all times.
- Employees will be more efficient and productive — and happier — when they no longer have to wait for access or fumble with their keys in order to access the areas (and items) they need to access to get their work done.
- Access control systems help banks, insurance companies, data centers, medical facilities, and other organizations maintain the security standards they need to remain in compliance with their respective industry data security regulations.
- Pharmaceutical companies, software developers, and other businesses rely on access control security systems to protect products and other pieces of intellectual property before they’re released to the public.
- Systems that utilize access cards, ID badges, smartphones, and other hands-free access methods reduce touchpoints for entryways, helping to reduce the spread of germs.
- The more security your system provides, the less you’ll need to spend on other security measures, like security guards. Not only will the system keep your property secure, but it will be able to verify people’s identities much more quickly than live personnel, and with virtually no chance of error.
A cloud-based residential or commercial access control system from AA Security Technologies in Santa Cruz can protect both your property and your people, help you save money, and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Our fully licensed, bonded, and certified security technology experts can provide comprehensive coverage for your home or business, no matter the size. Simply schedule a call with us to discuss your property’s needs and concerns, and we’ll help you determine which system is right for you.